Rights & Responsibilities
Charter - Working Together
At Buckingham Terrace we aim to provide you, our patients, with the best service that we can.
To achieve this we acknowledge that:
- You have the right to be treated with dignity, courtesy and respect at all times.
- You should be seen urgently if your medical condition necessitates that.
- You should not be kept waiting unnecessarily, and should be informed of any delays lasting longer than 30 minutes past your appointment time.
- You have the right to request a home visit if you are too ill to attend the surgery or are housebound due to infirmity. However, please remember that it is the doctor's responsibility to make a final decision on whether a home visit is necessary.
Your repeat prescription should be ready for collection after 1.30pm on the next working day following your request.
We hope that you will assist us in achieving these aims by:
- Extending the same courtesy and politeness to our practice team.
- Not mis-using urgent and emergency appointments.
- Remembering that your appointment is for 10 minutes. If your consultation is longer than this, subsequent patients will be kept waiting.
- Keeping your appointment and informing us in advance if you are unable to attend.
- Requesting home visits only when it is necessary.